The Alexander Technique promotes improved balance, posture and coordination for all ages, abilities and applications:
- Computer users and people who sit for long hours
- People with different types of pain, including: neuropathy; arthritis; fibromyalgia; and migraines
- People with issues such as: trauma; Parkinson’s Disease, lupus and scleroderma
- Musicians, singers, dancers and actors
- Business professionals and others who make presentations
- Athletes, golfers and fitness enthusiasts
- People who meditate, work out and/or practice yoga, Pilates, T’ai Chi etc
Celebrities have studied the Alexander Technique for decades.
In a Marie Clare UK British singer & designer Victoria Beckham began practicing the Alexander Technique to combat her poor posture and “round-shouldered look”, because she feared that “her love of lavish footwear may leave her with a hunchback look as she gets older.”
Other famous students of the Alexander Technique include: Oscar-winning actor Cate Blanchett ·actor Lupita Nyong’o · actor Hugh Jackman · singer Paul McCartney ·
singer Sting · actor Robin Williams · actor Alan Rickman · actor Maggie Smith ·
actor Judi Dench · singer Madonna · actor Paul Newman · actor Marilyn Monroe ·
actor Marlon Brando · Jacquelyn Kennedy Onassis.