The Alexander Technique promotes improved balance, posture and coordination for all ages, abilities and applications:
- Computer users and people who sit for long hours
- People with different types of pain, including: neuropathy; arthritis; fibromyalgia; and migraines
- People with issues such as: trauma; Parkinson’s Disease, lupus and scleroderma
- Musicians, singers, dancers and actors
- Business professionals and others who make presentations
- Athletes, golfers and fitness enthusiasts
- People who meditate, work out and/or practice yoga, Pilates, T’ai Chi etc
Celebrities have studied the Alexander Technique for decades. According to an online article in Marie Clare UK British singer & designer Victoria Beckham began practicing the Alexander Technique to combat her poor posture and “round-shouldered look”, because she feared that “her love of lavish footwear may leave her with a hunchback look as she gets older.” Click on the link to check out the Marie Clare UK article.
Other famous students of the Alexander Technique include: Oscar-winning actress Cate Blanchett ·actor Hugh Jackman · singer Paul McCartney · singer Sting · actor Robin Williams · actor Alan Rickman · actress Maggie Smith · actress Judi Dench · singer Madonna · actor Paul Newman · actress Marilyn Monroe · actor Marlon Brando · Jacquelyn Kennedy Onassis.
Hugh Jackman talks about his experience with the Alexander Technique: